Crisis Resources


When Walk-In Counseling Center is not available, these organizations can help.

Printable version of this list.

24-Hour Crisis Hotline


Crisis Connection

866-379-6363 (toll free)

Provides phone crisis counseling services 24-hours a day, 7 days a week. Services offered to non-English speakers through use of phone interpretation services.


Hennepin County/Minneapolis Area


Community Outreach for Psychiatric Emergencies (COPE) provides emergency intervention services 24-hours a day, 7 days per week, when someone is experiencing an emotional crisis that threatens their personal safety. To access a COPE team, call 612-596-1223. COPE professionals will go to the person in crisis, handle the immediate crisis, and provide a clinical assessment. COPE can arrange for inpatient psychiatric services if necessary or admission to a crisis shelter (during which they also provide case management for a few days). Services are available to adults whose crisis occurs in Hennepin County; clients do not need to reside in Hennepin County.


Hennepin County Acute Psychiatric Services

24-hours a day, 7 days a week:  assessment and possible hospitalization for psychiatric emergencies. Emergency entrance at Hennepin County Medical Center, 8th and Chicago Ave., Minneapolis.


Ramsey County/St. Paul Area


Ramsey County Adult Mental Health Urgent Care

The Adult Mental Health unit provides 24-hour phone, mobile outreach and limited walk-in for assess and services for psychiatric emergencies. Can refer to mobile crisis services in surrounding counties.

Regions Hospital Crisis Program

24 hours a day, 7 days a week:  assessment for psychiatric emergencies and possible hospitalization. Main hospital/Emergency entrance is at 640 Jackson St. in St. Paul.

Statewide Resources (outside Hennepin and Ramsey Counties)

Every county in Minnesota has a mental health crisis intervention outreach resource for adults.

Anoka:  763-755-3801
Carver/Scott:  952-442-7601
Dakota: 952-891-7171
Washington:  651-777-5222 

For crisis intervention services outside of the Twin Cities metro area, view the Mental Health Crisis Contact Numbers list maintained by the Department of Human Services.