Due to the COVID-19 virus, walk-in clinics in Minneapolis, Family Tree and Neighborhood House in St. Paul have moved to a Zoom enabled online computer or phone application. We will not be able to provide face-to-face walk-in services.
To attend any clinic by phone, call one of these numbers. If you get a busy signal, go to the next:
+1 929 205 6099
+1 312 626 6799
+1 301 715 8592
+1 346 248 7799
+1 669 900 6833
+1 253 215 8782
When prompted, enter this Meeting ID: 458-270-
To join by computer go to https://zoom.us/j/458270804
Then “Join a Meeting”.
The counseling clinics are open at the following times:
Monday 1-3 PM and 5-8:30 PM
Tuesday 6-8:30 PM
Wednesday 1-3 PM and 5-8:30 PM
Thursday 6:30-8:30 PM
Friday 1-3 PM
COUNSELING BY APPOINTMENT
If you have an upcoming appointment with a counselor, leave a voice mail for your counselor (call 612-870-0565) to find out how to your appointment will be conducted now that in-person meetings are not possible.
During this challenging time of COVID-19, here is a brief statement about Walk-In’s philosophy and practice:
- Walk-In provides an essential service in this community, and we will continue to run counseling clinics as long as we have volunteers to staff them.
- We are sure there will be bugs in this system and appreciate your patience as we try to work them out.
- It is important for us also to keep in perspective the purpose of the disruptive changes happening around us, and not to respond with panic. At Walk-In we have been practicing social distancing and encourage everyone to do so. Collectively we can slow the spread of the virus and prevent hospital and health clinics from being overwhelmed.
- This is, in fact, one of our primary roles here at Walk-In . . . counseling that helps prevent emotional and mental health issues from escalating and resulting in ER visits.
- We are all in this together – social distancing is not just to protect ourselves, but also to protect our most physically vulnerable neighbors.