Assessment & Coaching of Impaired Professionals
For more than 40 years Walk-In Counseling Center has been a leading expert in the evaluation and rehabilitation of who have come under disciplinary order because of misconduct.
Examples of professionals we have helped include:
- Spiritual counselors
- Church officials
- Youth pastors
- Social workers
- Youth Workers
- Substance abuse counselors
- Mental health workers
- School administrators
- Dentists, dental hygenists
- Physical therapists
- Occupational Therapists
Some evaluations are done specifically at the request of the professional him or herself, while others are done under some sort of order (e.g., by a licensing board). Evaluations are tailored to the specific situation, the case, and the requirements of the party requesting the evaluation.
In addition, remedial boundaries coaching as part of a rehabilitation plan and expert testimony are also available for those being evaluated for:
- Boundary violations and unprofessional conduct (e.g., sexual abuse by therapist)
- Pattern of over-involvement with service recipients, family members, congregants
- Presumed mental health and/or substance abuse problems
- Problems with anger and disruptive behavior
For more than 40 years, Walk-In Counseling Center has provided training both nationally and internationally for psychologists, counselors, social workers, health care providers, educators, clergy and other professionals from various disciplines.
Workshops from a few hours to several days in length can be customized to meet the needs of any size audience.
Training topics include:
- Professional ethics and boundaries
- Ethical challenges of social media
- Sexual misconduct
- Clinical supervision
- Intervention with high risk clients
- Ethical/legal dilemmas
- Practitioner wellness and self-care
- Brief Therapy
Consultation to Professionals and Organizations
For more than 40 years, Walk-In Counseling Center has provided consultation and advice to professionals and groups regarding issues such as:
- Investigations of client complaints
- Professional impairment or misconduct
- Ethical/legal dilemmas
- Program design
- Organizational policy
Consultations can be done via phone, internet, or in-person with:
- Administrators and supervisors with concerns about troubled employees
- People investigating complaints from clients and others
- Program staff charged with developing policies and procedures that protect clients
- Ethics committees, licensing boards, and others
- Clinics, practice groups, religious institutions, or schools responding to a complaint
The Consultation & Training Institute provides advanced clinical consultation to organizations without internal clinical supervision through a psychologist or clinical social worker, such as substance abuse programs, community corrections, small social service organizations, and others.
- Attendance at staff or team meetings on an ongoing or periodic basis
- Providing phone consultation on individual cases
- Administering, scoring, and interpreting psychological tests to aid in diagnosis or case planning
- Discussing alternative approaches to handling difficult client cases
Groups of independent practitioners also benefit from our services in:
- Consultation on ethical practice issues
- Support and peer consultation for sole practitioners or small practice groups
- Continuing education credits (CEU’s) on specific training topics
Call Gary Schoener at 612-870-0565 x107, or email Gary to discuss your unique needs.
Free Counseling Services
Counseling services are completely free and anonymous, with no appointment needed. SOME CLINICS ARE NOW IN PERSON! All of our professional counselors volunteer their time.