Assessment & Coaching of Impaired Professionals
For more than 40 years Walk-In Counseling Center has been a leading expert in the evaluation and rehabilitation of who have come under disciplinary order because of misconduct.
Examples of professionals we have helped include:
- Spiritual counselors
- Church officials
- Youth pastors
- Social workers
- Youth Workers
- Substance abuse counselors
- Mental health workers
- School administrators
- Dentists, dental hygenists
- Physical therapists
- Occupational Therapists
Some evaluations are done specifically at the request of the professional him or herself, while others are done under some sort of order (e.g., by a licensing board). Evaluations are tailored to the specific situation, the case, and the requirements of the party requesting the evaluation.
In addition, remedial boundaries coaching as part of a rehabilitation plan and expert testimony are also available for those being evaluated for:
- Boundary violations and unprofessional conduct (e.g., sexual abuse by therapist)
- Pattern of over-involvement with service recipients, family members, congregants
- Presumed mental health and/or substance abuse problems
- Problems with anger and disruptive behavior
For more than 40 years, Walk-In Counseling Center has provided training both nationally and internationally for psychologists, counselors, social workers, health care providers, educators, clergy and other professionals from various disciplines.
Workshops from a few hours to several days in length can be customized to meet the needs of any size audience.
Training topics include:
- Professional ethics and boundaries
- Ethical challenges of social media
- Sexual misconduct
- Clinical supervision
- Intervention with high risk clients
- Ethical/legal dilemmas
- Practitioner wellness and self-care
- Brief Therapy
View some of our past workshops.
Consultation to Professionals and Organizations
For more than 40 years, Walk-In Counseling Center has provided consultation and advice to professionals and groups regarding issues such as:
- Investigations of client complaints
- Professional impairment or misconduct
- Ethical/legal dilemmas
- Program design
- Organizational policy
Consultations can be done via phone, internet, or in-person with:
- Administrators and supervisors with concerns about troubled employees
- People investigating complaints from clients and others
- Program staff charged with developing policies and procedures that protect clients
- Ethics committees, licensing boards, and others
- Clinics, practice groups, religious institutions, or schools responding to a complaint
The Consultation & Training Institute provides advanced clinical consultation to organizations without internal clinical supervision through a psychologist or clinical social worker, such as substance abuse programs, community corrections, small social service organizations, and others.
- Attendance at staff or team meetings on an ongoing or periodic basis
- Providing phone consultation on individual cases
- Administering, scoring, and interpreting psychological tests to aid in diagnosis or case planning
- Discussing alternative approaches to handling difficult client cases
Groups of independent practitioners also benefit from our services in:
- Consultation on ethical practice issues
- Support and peer consultation for sole practitioners or small practice groups
- Continuing education credits (CEU’s) on specific training topics
Call Gary Schoener at 612-870-0565 x107, or email Gary to discuss your unique needs.